The project Advisory Council is comprised of stakeholders from various state agencies, industrial partners, and members of the state legislature.
Representative John Otto, District 18
State Representative Otto serves as Vice Chair of the House Committee on Ways and Means, Vice Chair of the Budget and Revenue Committee for the National Conference of State Legislators, and is a member of the Energy Council.
Representative Otto has a long and distinguished record as a State Legislator, and has has received multiple accolades for his service in the State House of Representatives, including being named “One of the 10 Best Legislators in Texas” by Texas Monthly.
The following organizations are anticipated to form the advisory council to track and guide the Texas State Power Line-Caused Wildfire Mitigation project.
- Texas Legislature
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas DPS Division of Emergency Management
- State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association
- Texas Public Power Association
- Texas Electric Cooperatives Association
- Association of Electric Companies of Texas
- Individual participating utility companies
- Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- Texas A&M Forest Service